Game crashing during a run or maybe lagging during a jump?
This might be because your device ran out of virtual memory (RAM) while playing. The longer you run, the more resources the game requires. This increases the risk of running low on memory. Issues like this are typically found on older devices.
In order to free up resources:
- Close all apps running in the background
- Try turning your device off and on again
Older Devices (with a home button):
- Double-tapping the Home button on your device
- Swipe any open app up/to the side
Newer devices (without a home button):
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen – as if one is opening the device
- Then proceed to swipe up on any app
On Android, apps can be closed by:
- Tapping the button on the bottom right of the front screen (note, on some devices you have to tap the left button)
- Swipe any open app to the side
It can also be a good idea to clear the cache in Subway Surfers:
- Open device Settings
- Tap on 'Apps'
- Find Subway Surfers and tap to open
- Tap on 'Storage'
- Choose 'Clear Cache'